William Reed has announced the 2018 results of Asia's 50 Best Bars, and Tokyo has made a great showing! While a few mainstays have dropped in ranking, others climbed. And we have two new joiners:
- High Five has dropped to #6
- Bar Trench rises to #16
- Bar Benfiddich climbs to #20
- Cocktail omakase wonder Gen Yamamoto is a newcomer to the Asia list at #34 (quite deserving given it was #88 in last year's World's Best rankings, and an amazing bar)
- Bar Orchard Ginza is back at its 2016 ranking of #37
- Mixology Salon joins the list at #40. This is a small bar located in Ginza's new Ginza Six building, offering cocktail courses highlighting a variety of teas
- Star Bar is at #43
- Nara's Lamp Bar is now at #45
If you're curious how these rankings are decided, read away!
Whiskey Richard is the founder of nomunication.jp, and has been saying he has lived in Japan for ten years for the past four years. He enjoys drinking basically anything except straight-up Campari.