William Reed has announced the 2018 results of Asia's 50 Best Bars, and Tokyo has made a great showing! While a few mainstays have dropped in ranking, others climbed. And we have two new joiners:
- High Five has dropped to #6
- Bar Trench rises to #16
- Bar Benfiddich climbs to #20
- Cocktail omakase wonder Gen Yamamoto is a newcomer to the Asia list at #34 (quite deserving given it was #88 in last year's World's Best rankings, and an amazing bar)
- Bar Orchard Ginza is back at its 2016 ranking of #37
- Mixology Salon joins the list at #40. This is a small bar located in Ginza's new Ginza Six building, offering cocktail courses highlighting a variety of teas
- Star Bar is at #43
- Nara's Lamp Bar is now at #45
If you're curious how these rankings are decided, read away!
I’m Whiskey Richard, and I am the founder of nomunication.jp. I’ve lived in Tokyo for over a decade, and I am a certified Shochu Kikisake-shi/Shochu Sommelier (焼酎唎酒師), Cocktail Professor (カクテル検定１級), and I hold Whisky Kentei Level 3 (ウイスキー検定３級). Click here for more details about me and this site. Kampai!