I’ve made the below improvements to the Japan Distillery Map, making a great resource even better:
- New categories! The “Future” category is for distilleries that have made public their plans to make & sell something, probably whisky. The “Speculative” category is for distilleries that have obtained a license to distill but haven’t actually announced any plans yet. You can of course filter by these new categories too.
- Pictures! With a few exceptions, every distillery now features a picture of the place.
- Visiting! Open for tours is now displayed in the distillery listings below the map.
- Fool-proof! There’s now a key on the map page as well, explaining the map icons.
- New color scheme! Matches the theme of the site much better, if you ask me.
- Visual tweaks and improvements! There was some crappy CSS causing visual glitches, but this has been fixed. It now looks and works even better on both PC and mobile versions of the site.
Check out the new map if you haven’t already!
Hi there! I created and run nomunication.jp. I’ve lived in Tokyo since 2008, and I am a certified Shochu Kikisake-shi/Shochu Sommelier (焼酎唎酒師), Cocktail Professor (カクテル検定１級), and I hold Whisky Kentei Levels 3 and JW (ウイスキー検定３級・JW級). I also sit on the Executive Committees for the Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition and Japanese Whisky Day. Click here for more details about me and this site. Kampai!