The Asia results are in from William Reed's annual World's Best Bars, and there are six winners here in Japan:
- High Five at #3, so keeping the same spot as last year
- Bar Benfiddich at #22, so dropped one place
- Bar Orchard Ginza climbs to #25, up from 2016's #37
- Bar Trench rises two places to #28
- Star Bar also rose two places to come in at #31
- New to the list is Nara's Lamp Bar at #36
Congratulations to the winners! It's great to see Japan climbing in the rankings but notably some other Tokyo bars like Codename Mixology and Royal Bar have unfortunately dropped from the list.
Looking forward to the global results, to be announced on October 5!