On August 16 2019, Hong Kong’s Bonhams plans to auction off a full deck–54 bottles–of Ichiro’s Malt Card Series. The lot is expected to sell for HKD 4.5-6 million, breaking the previous auction record for a Japanese whisky collection in 2015. Guess the final price and win a prize!
Those of us too broke to bid on the card series can still have some fun with it anyway. Let’s do a contest to see who can guess the final sale price most accurately. The winner receives a free Japan Whisky Maker Map of any size, shipped anywhere in the world!
We’ll follow “The Price is Right” rules:
- Winner is whoever comes closest to the final auction price without going over
- One guess per player. Guesses must be in HKD, the currency of the auction itself. Guesses in other currencies will be disqualified
- Don’t guess a number that’s already been guessed. Such entries will be disqualified
- Enter the contest by commenting on this article (scroll down). Entries will not be accepted via Facebook, email, etc.
- Enter by August 15, 11:59PM JST
- I will contact the winner after the auction is over with details on how to claim your prize
- Do not manipulate the auction to win this contest (only applies to our extremely rich and bored readers)
That’s it! Take your guess now by commenting below!
Here’s a few links to help you make a more accurate guess:
Hi there! I created and run nomunication.jp. I’ve lived in Tokyo since 2008, and I am a certified Shochu Kikisake-shi/Shochu Sommelier (焼酎唎酒師), Cocktail Professor (カクテル検定１級), and I hold Whisky Kentei Levels 3 and JW (ウイスキー検定３級・JW級). I also sit on the Executive Committees for the Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition and Japanese Whisky Day. Click here for more details about me and this site. Kampai!
Final hammer price was 7.19 HKD. [Price is Right womp sound]
Btw what a fun way to get involved in the excitement! Right on!
$4,560,000 + commission