On August 16 2019, Hong Kong's Bonhams plans to auction off a full deck--54 bottles--of Ichiro's Malt Card Series. The lot is expected to sell for HKD 4.5-6 million, breaking the previous auction record for a Japanese whisky collection in 2015. Guess the final price and win a prize!
Those of us too broke to bid on the card series can still have some fun with it anyway. Let's do a contest to see who can guess the final sale price most accurately. The winner receives a free Japan Whisky Maker Map of any size, shipped anywhere in the world!
We'll follow "The Price is Right" rules:
- Winner is whoever comes closest to the final auction price without going over
- One guess per player. Guesses must be in HKD, the currency of the auction itself. Guesses in other currencies will be disqualified
- Don't guess a number that's already been guessed. Such entries will be disqualified
- Enter the contest by commenting on this article (scroll down). Entries will not be accepted via Facebook, email, etc.
- Enter by August 15, 11:59PM JST
- I will contact the winner after the auction is over with details on how to claim your prize
- Do not manipulate the auction to win this contest (only applies to our extremely rich and bored readers)
That's it! Take your guess now by commenting below!
Here's a few links to help you make a more accurate guess:
Whiskey Richard is the founder of nomunication.jp, and has been saying he has lived in Japan for ten years for the past four years. He enjoys drinking basically anything except straight-up Campari.