More fruity flavors coming around when spring gets kicked off here in Japan!
- Kirin is bringing a Hokkaido-only flavor of Hyoketsu out: Hyoketsu Hokkaido Honeydew. As far as I can tell it's the first time they're doing this flavor! It's coming out on March 27 in 350ml or 500ml, at 4% abv. Although officially available only in Hokkaido you can likely order some from Amazon JP as well.
- The first of 4 new ones from Suntory is Kokushibori Premium Pineapple. In addition to containing a bit of rum to emphasize the tropical flavor, there's a whopping 20% real fruit juice here. It drops on March 20, 350ml, 5% abv.
- Another Kokushibori is coming along: Kokushibori Kiwi. While lower at 10% fruit juice, hell, it's kiwi, so it should still be super sweet. It's also 5% abv but coming along on April 3.
- Horoyoi White Sour (Grape) has a bit of a milky base and brings a lower 3% abv. This one comes along March 27.
- Suntory is happy to remind us that they saw a 13% increase in sales of their -196°C series during 2017. They've announced that -196C Strong Zero Bitter Lime will be joining the permanent lineup of the series. It was released in May of last year and I guess sold quite well! It's also coming along March 27, 9% abv in 350ml or 500ml sizes.
Whiskey Richard is the founder of nomunication.jp, and has been saying he has lived in Japan for ten years for the past four years. He enjoys drinking basically anything except straight-up Campari.