COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the world. Japan in particular has been in the spotlight for the government's poor handling of a ship quarantine. Pretty much anything that involves gathering people together is seeing an impact. Japanese distillery tours included!If you've seen our Japan distillery map, you'll notice that many are marked as being open to the public. Ordinarily that would be the case, but in light of COVID-19, several distilleries have announced that they will be temporarily suspending tours. Let's have a look:
Last updated March 2, 8:30PM JST
- Suntory Yamazaki Distillery - closed from February 29
- Suntory Hakushu Distillery - closed from February 29
- Nikka Yoichi Distillery - closed from February 22
- Nikka Miyagikyo Distillery - closed from February 22
- Kirin Fuji Gotemba Distillery - closed from March 1
- Gaiaflow Shizuoka Distillery - closed from February 15
- Kanosuke Distillery - closed from February 27
- Mars Whisky Tsunuki Distillery - closed from March 2
- Mars Whisky Shinshu Distillery - closed from March 2
- Sasanokawa Asaka Distillery - closed from February 22
I will keep this list updated as I learn more. Hopefully everyone stays safe and healthy!
Hi there! I created and run nomunication.jp. I’ve lived in Tokyo since 2008, and I am a certified Shochu Kikisake-shi/Shochu Sommelier (焼酎唎酒師), Cocktail Professor (カクテル検定１級), and I hold Whisky Kentei Levels 3 and JW (ウイスキー検定３級・JW級). I also sit on the Executive Committees for the Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition and Japanese Whisky Day. Click here for more details about me and this site. Kampai!